Report Launch: Public Land, Public Good
Author: Localis |
Brandon Lewis MP, Minister for Housing and Planning, launched our new report on getting maximum value from public assets and using them to transform local public services.
The launch, held in partnership with Cathedral Group, took place in Westminster on Wednesday 17 September. The Minister’s keynote speech was followed by a panel debate on making the most of public land with special guests:
- Richard Blakeway, Deputy Mayor of London for Housing, Planning and property
- Councillor Julian Bell, Leader of Ealing Council
- Yolande Barnes, Director of Global Markets, Savills
- Richard Upton, Chief Executive, Cathedral Group
This report is the culmination of an extensive research project consisting of stakeholder roundtables, an online survey and interviews which, produced in partnership with Cathedral Group, considers whether assets could be used more effectively, sets out how public bodies are developing more innovative uses of public land and asks what more could be done to get best value in the long term.
Here were some of the comments from twitter, #publicland & #publiclandpublicgood
- Use £170bn land assets as income stream, @BrandonLewis tells #localgov at launch of @Localis #PublicLand report (@themjcouk)
- Very interesting globally informed comments from @Yolande_Barnes about changing business dynamics @Localis #publicland (@wheatley_martin)
- Impressive launch event! RT @BritProp Strong recs. to unlock regen of #publicland @Localis & Cathedral Group report (@Propertyshe)
See the video below to watch the whole event:
Photo credit: Dominic Dorin