Creating Mixed Communities in Concentrated Areas of Deprivation
The over-arching aim was to achieve a model of best practice. The key themes were:
· What is a mixed community?
· Have Councils achieved it?
· What do we need to do to create it?
· Have we got the delivery vehicles to achieve it?
· What can the private sector – builders, developers and private landlords – bring to the table?
· What are the inhibitors – what policy or legislative changes are needed?
· How do you convince residents? – How do you ‘sell’ change to people?